Show your support with sweets for those who serve our country! This recipe for camouflage cupcakes is a delicious and colorful way to let your patriotism shine through.
Make them as part of a welcome home party for a soldier, as a Veteran’s Day treat, or any day to show your appreciation for our selfless veterans.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Ingredients: For the cupcakes
Ingredients: For the frosting
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla, beating on medium for 2 minutes. Add egg whites, and beat 2 more minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly into three bowls. Add green food coloring to one bowl, brown into another, and leave one bowl without food coloring. Fill cupcake liners ⅔ of the way full, alternating between a few spoonfuls of each color to make the camouflage pattern.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from baking pan, and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the food coloring, mixing well.
- Divide frosting evenly into three bowls, coloring one green and one brown, and keeping one with no color.
- Use a knife to alternate putting the colors on each cupcake, or, if using a piping bag, scrape each color onto the sides of your piping bag and squeeze out to get a marbled look.
For more tasty treat ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.