With its delicious flavors, iced and hot variations, and natural health benefits, it’s no wonder that tea has been a popular drink of choice for centuries. However, it can be challenging to select a type that fits your fancy. But not to fear! Use this list of common teas to help you better understand their different characteristics and discover a type that rejuvenates your body.
Oolong: 30-70 mg caffeine
- Made with semifermented tea leaves. It is considered to combine the best qualities of both black tea and green tea.
- Iron Buddha, Big Red Robe, Dan Cong
- Increases mental alertness, promotes healthy hair, improves skin conditions, and strengthens the immune system.
Green: 20-70 mg caffeine
- Tea leaves keep their original color without undergoing fermentation. Due to the minimal processing, the tea’s nutrients remain unchanged and its antioxidants are preserved.
- Gunpowder, Sencha, Matcha
- Contains antioxidants that prevent cancer, aids in burning fat, speeds up metabolism, and detoxifies the body.
Matcha is a finely milled green tea powder that is whisked with hot water, creating a frothy and delicious drink.
Black: 40-60 mg caffeine
- Made with fermented tea leaves. Gets its unique bitter flavor and dark color from a natural oxidation process.
- Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Iyerpadi Estate
- Increases mental alertness, improves skin conditions, and strengthens the immune system.
White: 10-40 mg caffeine
- Made with uncured and unfermented tea leaves. It is minimally processed with much less oxidation, resulting in a delicate flavor profile.
- Silver Yin Zhen, Silver Needle, Bai Mu Dan
- Reduces the risk of cancer, improves oral health, contains antiaging properties, enhances energy, and improves health.
Herbal: 0 mg caffeine
- Technically not considered a “tea” because it’s a combination of dried fruits, flowers, and herbs.
- Chamomile, Rooibos, Ginger
- Aids in relaxation, relieves nausea, restores appetite, and helps prevent insomnia.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Jan 25, 2018
The Best Crab Seasoned Baked Fries
| Dec 14, 2017
Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Butternut Squash & Cauliflower
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Jan 20, 2018
5 of the Best Winter Weekend Getaways
| Nov 30, 2017