A snuggly flannel is the best way to keep warm when the weather turns colder, so why not give your cup of hot cocoa the same treatment?
- Cut out three squares of fabric per coaster: two 5-inch flannel squares and one 5-inch felt square.
- Place the felt piece down first, followed by a piece of flannel (face up), and the other flannel piece (face down).
- Pin the fabric in place, and sew a ¼-inch seam around the edges, leaving a small gap to be able to flip the coaster inside out. Backstitch both ends of the gap.
- Trim any excess fabric from around the seam, and flip the coaster right side out. If done correctly, the felt should be tucked in with extra fabric at the gap.
- Tuck extra fabric into the gap, and stitch around each side a final time.
Make these fun fall coasters for your next craft project, and take a photo to share on social media with the hashtag #ALMcreate.
For more fun coaster crafts, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/create.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018
Keep Your Electric Bill in Check This Summer
| May 23, 2018