Nothing says the holiday season like a cranberry-orange dessert, and this cheesecake is one to save in your recipe box for many holiday seasons to come.
Ingredients: For the cheesecake
Ingredients: For the cake
Ingredients: For the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Using the butter, grease a 9-inch spring form pan, and wrap the bottom of the pan with foil. Place inside a slightly larger pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft. Turn the beaters to low, and incorporate the sour cream and sugar. Beat in the eggs on medium speed, followed by the orange zest.
- Add in the cranberries, and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the smaller spring form pan, and fill the outside with hot water until it is halfway up the side of the small pan.
- Bake for about 50–55 minutes, until the center is set. Let cool on a wire rack, and then, once cool, cover with foil, and place in the fridge to cool overnight. Top with sugared cranberries, if desired.
- Prepare your favorite vanilla cake mix, and divide the batter between two pans. Bake for 25–30 minutes, and allow to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting by beating the butter until creamy. Slowly add in the white chocolate, powdered sugar, and vanilla, and beat on low until fluffy.
- When ready to assemble, flatten the tops of each cake, and place one half on the wire rack. Add the cheesecake to the middle, and place the other half of the cake on top.
- Frost with a thin layer of the frosting, and top with sugared cranberries, if desired.
Try this triple-layer cake yourself, and be sure to snap a photo to share on social media with the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more delightful holiday recipes, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.