Want to add a touch of beauty to your family table? Opt for a dessert that is as gorgeous as it is delicious. These dainty apple rose tartlets are light, flaky, and full of flavor—and almost too pretty to eat!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Core the apples, and slice in half. With a sharp knife or mandolin, slice the apples into ⅛-inch slices, and immediately sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl combine the butter brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and toss the apples in the mixture to coat. Microwave the slices in short intervals until they are soft enough to mold.
- Roll the pastry dough out into a 9-inch by 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface, and cut into 6, 2-inch wide strips.
- Dilute the preserves with 2 tablespoons of water, and heat for 30 seconds to warm slightly. Spread the preserves evenly over the dough, and arrange the apple slices lengthwise down the length of the strip. From the bottom forward, roll the dough tightly into a rose shape, and repeat with the rest of the strips.
- Place the apple roses into lightly greased cupcake tins, and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar, and serve.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018