Make the day for a troop that’s defending our country every day! Take a little bit of time out of your day to say thank you with this recipe, which includes real cranberries and orange to give these shortbread cookies a real kick of fruity sweetness.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- Add the butter and confectioners’ sugar to a separate bowl, and mix with an electric mixer. Blend in the extracts and then the orange zest, and then add the flour mixture in small amounts, and fold in the cranberries evenly throughout the mixture.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, and roll them into 7-inch logs. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- After chilling is complete, preheat your oven to 350°F. Remove the wax paper, and cut the cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake in the oven until the cookies are golden and firm, approximately 15-20 minutes.
Finally, once you’re done baking your delicious cookies, follow these instructions to for packing and sending them to ensure that they get safely to our deserving troops. Share your photos on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #ALMbites.