Store-bought gift decorations are nice, but impersonal. If you really want to show how much you care, top off your holiday gifts with a modern, yet crafty alternative to traditional gift bows.
You can choose the perfect material to fit the personalities and interests of everyone on your list. Recycle old newspapers or magazines for an eco-friendly option, or create a bow using sheet music for the music lover on your list.
- Attach both ends of the centerpiece strip to create a circle loop, and set aside.
- Take one of your long paper strips, and place a small amount of adhesive on one end of the strip. Bring the other end around, and set on top to create a ribbon shape. Repeat this for the remaining paper strips.
- Connect two long ribbon shapes together at intersecting points to make an infinity shape. Repeat with the remaining ribbon shapes.
- Attach two of the long infinity shapes together in the center to form an X. Repeat for the rest of the infinity shapes.
- Use the long X shape as a base, and attach the other long X shape on top. Then add the short X and the centerpiece to complete your recycled bow!