Tired of your average drink coaster? Look no further than these cactus coasters, which you can pull out of a planter, which will instantly amp up your summer drink game.
- Use a pen to trace a mug onto cork board. Trace seven circles and cut out with an X-ACTO® knife. Cut out an additional oval shaped piece.
- With only six of the circles, cut out a small rectangle that is the thickness of the cork. It is important that the cork fits snuggly around other circles so your coasters stay in place.
- Take the last circle and cut out a rectangle the same way to attach to the oval. The oval cork should fit into the circle as the base of the cactus in a perpendicular manner.
- Paint the six circles and the oval green. Once dried, paint designs on them using the white paint.
- Hot glue the base piece into the flower pot. If necessary, trim the circle down to fit into the flower pot.
- Once the oval shape is completely dry, glue it into the slit in the base circle.
- Stack all the circles onto each other to form the cactus.
- Without repeating colors, the pom-poms will be used to create the drink markers. Try to separate the pom-pom, and wrap the wire tightly around the middle. Leave about two inches of wire after it and use the pliers to cut it.
- Use the needle nose pliers to bend the end of the wire so it isn’t sharp, and then curve the wire (almost folding the paper three times) to create a hook. Do this for each pom-pom and hang them around the edges of the pot.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020