A piñata is a party favorite for everyone. This fun and easy DIY project is the perfect, exciting activity for your next summer bash!
- Cut out two large triangles with rounded corners, two larger rectangles (for the sides), and one smaller rectangle (for the bottom). Tip: bend these just a little before attaching them, to help them form easier.
- Use masking tape to hold your cardboard shapes together, forming a watermelon slice. Remember to leave an open slot to stuff candy or goodies in.
- Cut the crepe paper. Tip: fold the paper accordion style, then snip both sides like fringe and cut up the middle.
- Glue the strips of crepe paper close together, following the color patterns of a watermelon slide—use greens along the outer edge for the rind, and pink or red for the interior.
- Using scissors, cut out small seed-shaped pieces of construction paper, and secure to crepe paper with glue.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jun 29, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020