While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the peanut butter for cream cheese and mixing in crushed cookies with the confectioners’ sugar, we’ve created a cookies and cream variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the butter. Continue to stir the chocolate as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that you do not burn the chocolate. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add ¾ cup of cream cheese to the melted chocolate, and stir to combined. The cream cheese should, for the most part, liquify from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-cream cheese mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Pour ¾ cup of crushed OREOS into one bag, and the ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar into the other bag. Then divide the chocolatey cereal between the two. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, evenly dispersing the two flavors throughout, and enjoy the cookie deliciousness of this treat. You can also store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020