Show your support with sweets for those who serve our country! This recipe for red, white, and blue cupcakes is a delicious and colorful way to let your patriotism shine through. Make them for an Independence Day celebration (or any holiday honoring our American heroes) or just to show your appreciation for our selfless veterans.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Ingredients: For the cupcakes
Ingredients: For the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla, beating on medium for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites, and beat 2 more minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly into three bowls. Add blue food coloring to one bowl, red to another, and leave one bowl without food coloring. Fill cupcake liners ⅔ of the way full, alternating colors to make the camouflage pattern.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from baking pan, and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the food coloring, mixing well.
- Divide the frosting evenly into three bowls. Add blue food coloring to one bowl, red to another, and leave one bowl without food coloring.
- Frost each cupcake with all three colors, using a knife or a piping bag to achieve a marbled look.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020