This recipe, with its 7UP® lemon-lime–inspired twist, is quintessentially dineresque.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter. Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake until browned, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool to room temperature.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and egg yolks until well blended. Add the lime juice, and mix well. Then fold in the creme fraiche and preserved lemon. Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell. Bake until the filling is set like a custard, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and then refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, place a metal bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove the bowl, pour in the cream, and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To serve, cut the pie into slices, transfer to individual plates, and top each slice with a dollop of the whipped cream. Grate a little lemon zest on each slice, and finish with a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar.
Recipe excerpted from Classic Recipes for Modern People by Max and Eli Sussman (© Weldon Owen, 2014). For more reimagined recipes, pick up your own copy of Classic Recipes for Modern People on Amazon.com.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020