Sure, these bars look fantastic—but they taste even better! With layers of chocolate cookie, creamy pumpkin cheesecake, and even more rich chocolate, you won’t be able to stop eating these all season long.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt n cup of the butter. Pour it over the chocolate crumbs in a medium mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine and evenly coat the crumbs.
- Press the chocolate crumbs firmly into the prepared pan to create the base. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg, pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt. Beat again to combine until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once during this process.
- Pour the batter over the chocolate base and return it to the oven to bake for another 30 minutes, or until the filling is firm to the touch. Remove the bars from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler over medium heat, or a small heatproof bowl set over simmering water, melt the chocolate chips and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cooled pumpkin layer and use a small offset spatula to help spread it evenly. You can give the pan a light tap on the edge of the counter to help settle the chocolate in one smooth layer.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the chocolate sets up. Once the chocolate has set, run a knife along the edges of the pan that aren’t lined with parchment paper. Use the parchment handles to carefully lift the slab from the pan in one piece. Then use a large chef’s knife to cut the slab into 16 bars.
Recipe reprinted from Butter Celebrates!: Delicious Recipes for Special Occasions by Rosie Daykin. Copyright © 2016, Random House.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020