These southern-style biscuit breakfast sandwiches are caffeine spiked with a tasty espresso aioli. If you love biscuits and red-eye gravy, you’ll love this jazzed-up version!
Ingredients: For the biscuits
Ingredients: For the espresso aioli
Ingredients: For the sandwich
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands or a pastry blender, incorporate butter, breaking up the chunks slightly. Fold in buttermilk until a rough dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface into a ¾-inch thick rectangle. Cut into 3-inch circles and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep warm until ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- In a large bowl, whisk together espresso powder, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, hot sauce, and salt until smooth.
- Spread espresso aioli onto split biscuits and fill with ham and eggs.
Tips: Biscuit dough can be made ahead, frozen, and baked in the oven when you need them. The espresso aioli can be stored in the fridge for 3 days, but it might need a little stirring before spreading.