Photography © Laurent Fau
Chocolate cake is one of the most beloved desserts, but it can be time-consuming to make. Luckily, this recipe takes everything you know and love about this decadent treat and turns it into an easy-to-prepare, single-serve dessert.
Serves 2 to 3 hungry chocolate lovers
- Brush the mugs with butter and dust with flour. Chill for at least 1 hour before starting the recipe.
- Using a knife, chop the chocolate. In a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring occasionally, until smooth and lukewarm.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric beater, whisk the eggs with the sugar but don’t let the mixture lighten in color. Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Divide the batter among the mugs and chill for at least 1 hour. The cold batter will cook less in the center, creating a molten texture.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until the surface starts to crack but the batter remains wobbly below.
Excerpted from © Petite Patisserie by Christophe Felder and Camille Lesecq, Rizzoli New York, 2020. Photography © Laurent Fau.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020