This nourishing fall dish contains all of the flavors of the season, including apple cider, pears, and cloves. We often serve it with a simple salad and baked yams.
Ingredients: for pork chops
Ingredients: for pear sauce
- To make the pork chops, combine the apple cider, salt, and pepper in a medium casserole pan or deep dish.
- Place the pork chops in the mixture, ensuring that all of the meat is submerged. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add the pears and cook until tender. Add flour and gently turn the pears, taking care that they don’t break. Add the chicken stock, cloves, salt, and pepper. Remove the pork chops from the cider and pour the cider into the pear mixture. Allow it to come to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium-high heat and cook the pork chops approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Plate the pork chops and generously ladle the pear sauce on top, removing any cloves.
Recipes excerpted from The Kerber’s Farm Cookbook: A Year’s Worth of Seasonal Country Cooking by Nick Voulgaris III. All images © Lindsay Morris. Rizzoli, 2019.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020