This flavorful, garlicky lo mein recipe is one part grill and one part wok. The grilled steak and veggies add a nice robust flavor while the wok ties it all together.
Ingredients: For the sauce
Ingredients: For the beef and vegetables
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, soy sauce, hoisin, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil until blended. Set aside until ready to stir fry.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Toss steak and vegetables with oil, garlic, and ginger until evenly coated.
- Grill steak for 3–4 minutes per side. Grill vegetables for 2–3 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and they are tender. Remove from the grill, and portion steak and vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry noodles, beef, vegetables, and sauce until hot, stirring frequently.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Tips: You can wok on your grill! Just remove the upper shelf from your grill (if applicable) and make sure your wok does not have any plastic handles. Follow the same instructions for stir frying the noodles, sauce, meat and veggies for a completely al fresco cooking experience.