- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add both potatoes and cook for 20–25 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat, drain and steam-dry for 5 minutes. Roughly mash using a potato masher.
- Transfer the mashed potato to a medium mixing bowl, add the salmon or mackerel, spring onions, half the parsley and the beaten egg. Mix to combine and season well before stirring in the lemon zest and a squeeze of juice. Using your hands, mold the mixture into 6 fishcakes and transfer to the lined baking tray. Bake for 30–35 minutes until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
- While the fishcakes are in the oven, grate the celeriac and add to a bowl. Mix in the milk kefir yogurt, remaining parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Serve the fishcakes alongside the celeriac slaw.
The Gut-Loving Cookbook by Alana and Lisa Macfarlane of The Gut Stuff, published by Pavilion Books. Picture credit: Haarala Hamilton.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020