This kid-friendly take on seafood is comparable in texture to crab cakes, but with a completely new flavor from the salmon. You can even prep the individual cakes ahead of time, freeze them, and cook them whenever your family is ready for a quick, healthy meal.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook: 20 min.
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the salmon, corn, egg, 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, 6 tablespoons tartar sauce, the roasted red peppers, parsley, lemon zest, and ¾ teaspoon Old Bay, in a bowl.
- Gently form into eight ¾-inch thick patties and freeze until just firm, about 5 minutes.
- For the dressing, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons tartar sauce, the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of water, the remaining ¼ teaspoon Old Bay, and pepper to taste, in a large bowl.
- Put the remaining 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Add the greens to the bowl with the dressing and toss. Serve the salmon cakes with the salad, more tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020